Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some socks


Yeah, I know I said I wasn't going to post a bunch of "Looky What I Mades," but I also said I was going to post every day. unfortunately, although I knit or do something else fiber-related almost every single day, that doesn't mean everything is post-worthy. In fact, most of it isn't.

Anyway, here is a pair of socks. Don't worry - I have another pair just like this one. Okay, that was corny.

The one on the left is made with Paton's Stretch Socks (41% cotton, 39% wool, 13% nylon, and 7% elastic). The one on the right is made with Trekking XXL (75% Superwash wool, 25% nylon). Both were done on size 3 dpns.

Although both are rated as lightweight sock yarn, the finished Paton's sock has a lighter feel - a nice 3-season sock, while the Trekking makes a nice, fuzzy, warm sock that will be best for cold winter days.

No comments: